- Unfudge Yourself: A Parent’s Guide to Happiness: Short, but really good reminder of some basics that can help you be a happier parent. 3/5
Productivity & Management
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity: I think the best productivity book I’ve ever read. This one is a yearly read for me. 5/5
- How to Take Smart Notes: An overview of the Zettlekasten method. An inspiring way to take better notes, but this is a long overview that you can probably get a good summary of from reading the wikipedia. 3/5.
- How to Be an Antiracist: Incredible book that intersperses the story of the author with an overview of modern racism. This is one I’d recommend that everyone read. 5/5
- The Lion in the Living Room: How House Cats Tamed Us and Took Over the World: The amazing story of how cats got themselves in our houses and our lives. Convincing that cats are basically useless but we love them anyway. 3/5
- Spark: The New Science of Exercise and the Brain: A good collection of research informing how exercise has benefits beyond just the physical. Some of the leaps they make are a little stretched, however. 3/5
- Building Microservices: Amazing book on the advantages and disadvantages of building distributed Microservices. A must read for our Microservices future. 5/5